Fair trade and sustainability are integral to Organic Africa’s work ethic. Organic Africa is actively engaged in obtaining the Fair Trade label for all its products. This provides our partner farmers with an additional, market-driven incentive to make sure that their operations remain sustainable. Our partner farmers are paid a fair price and have the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with the buyers we put them in contact with. By placing a value on indigenous plant resources, we provide a strong incentive to our partner rural producers to conserve those resources. We guarantee that our products are free of pesticides, fertilizers and other harmful chemicals, by harvesting in the wild away from commercial agriculture, or by growing them organically according to rigorous international standards. If you purchase our products, you can be sure that:
- You are supporting some of the poorest rural communities in Zimbabwe
- You are giving an economic boost to a majority of women farmers
- You are helping to conserve biodiversity
- Every producer is treated fairly and paid a fair price
- Every product has been sustainably cultivated or wild harvested
- You are getting the best quality.